Saturday, March 30, 2013

Travel


A curious and hungry bear did a little pawing job on this plane.  The pilot had ferried in some fishermen in the back woods of Alaska and there was no way out

until he radioed for some plastic and some duct tape . . . yep, that tape is one you should not leave home without....they actually flew the plane out and back home to safety.

Erin and Donaleo are traveling in style

visiting new places

and new cities.   This one is of Istanbul, Turkey and Erin writes that it is a huge city, very crowded, lots of heavy duty smokers.  She is delighted in finding people are warm and friendly and seem to know a lot more about Americans that we do about them.    She is finding a whole new world exists out there and she is anxious to get on her way, this time to Greece.

It is Easter Saturday, finally lent is coming to its end . . . I don't know about you, but Holy Week is endless as far as I am concerned.    The Lenten fast ends at noon today for me, an old tradition from a long time ago.    This was a day when the windows were washed inside and out and it was such fun to have a play mate who was willing to wash one side while you did the other.   If the job was well done then you got your ten cents for a movie and a few extra pennies for a stop at the candy store where you could choose what is now 'barrel' candy at specialty stores.    If I had known we were going to have a warm sunny afternoon on Good Friday, I would have planned a window washing around here as it sure needs it.  Instead, I walked u to Freddys with my little wheel walker and bought a few items I needed.  I really didn't need the chicken curry but it was really delicious and I enjoyed every bite.   I had fun in the grocery store, walking around and meeting new people.   One lady, in the candy isle was trying to choose which chocolate treat she wanted.  We struck up a conversation about our being without chocolate for lent and tried to define what the first bite would taste like.   I told her that in my own experience with no sugar for lent, the first bite of chocolate tasted like soap.  She really didn't want to hear that.   She had to laugh and she reached out and gave me a finger touch, blessing me for making her day as she chose a big solid chocolate Easter bunny.     Not me, I went for the black jelly beans...a whole packet of them...along with another in colors for my rabbit candy dish sitting on the dining room table.    I can't fill it until tomorrow though as I know me, and if I started tasting today there would be none for tomorrow.   
So go shopping today for your favorite candy and or sweets.    I have cut up the strawberries and they are resting in a big bowl ready for desert tomorrow, all I have to do is put the biscuits together and remember to defrost the cream.  I hope you choose your favorite foods and deserts and are ready for your Easter celebration.    Don't forget to share, buy an extra bag of candy,  or two, and give it to the food bank so others, less fortunate than you, can have a Happy Easter too.    If you feel real posh throw in a ham and a few cans of tasty peas and sweet potatoes.  There are so many ways to share hugs . . . um . . . think about that!   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment