Thursday, March 14, 2013

Food for Thoughts


I love to check into Facebook and see how friends are doing.    I have a new friend, Denise, who had this wonderful fruit salad on view.    I'd like to be able to sit down and have a dish of this along with a cup of tea and some wonderful conversation.     The salad is not only beautiful to look at but really truly healthy eating.   What a variety of fruits . . . yum!

All this fuss over the size of the drink you want to put into your body.  It doesn't make sense to fill yourself up with a larger than life drink of any kind unless you want to become diabetic if it has sugar in its mix; or just want to 'float your boat' and make all those extra trips to the bathroom and give your kidneys a workout.     It is your body . . . but use your mind and be sensible.

Here's our Jock with his prize.    He tells me it is an Osceola turkey gobbler and he went all the way to Florida for this big bird...what a beauty, love to see the feather on this one.     He is bent on making it all the way to the "World" slam;  I had no idea what a 'slam' was but hunters do.     Next he goes on to the Grand Slam and then I think the World slam and he will be able to sit back on his laurels and brag a bit.  Our great hunter and fisherman is grinning from ear to ear and there isn't one of us who can blame him.   Good luck, Good Health and a Good Trip to Mexico and the Yucatan when it comes time for the next turkey shoot.    Wonder how these birds taste!   

Here is Mike and Mari, old friends from Virginia and both looking great.   High school sweethearts and long time happily married.      I read all about them on the Facebook and know they are as happy today as they were when they first met.   A love story to make you smile.     You have heard of the expression 'two of the nicest people around';  well, here they are.

I am reading a book called "Hope Rising" by Kim Meeder.  Stories from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams.    There was a passage I read last night I want to share as the words flow from the author's pen and I wished I had been the one to write them . . ."I thought back to that day at the lumberyard and my frustration with all the flawed boards.  In my worldly way, I had sought perfection, thinking it would best serve my purposes.  Society teaches us that anything less than perfect is unsuitable, undesirable, unusable, and unattractive---that it should be avoided whenever possible.  But pure reality teaches us that the Lord loves and uses the flawed, unattractive, and broken---the apparently useless things of this world ---to accomplish His greatest works."      Take time to read it a second or even a third time and think about those words . . . maybe, just maybe you will look at your world in a different light;  a little hope;   a little desire for acceptance warts and all.      Go, make today a memorable one as you smile with your eyes and share a hug or two.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment