Thursday, March 21, 2013

More . . .


That's what friends are for . . . humming . . . how lucky I am as I got not one but nineteen pictures from Andrea and Bob yesterday.   It was a beautiful day in Arizona and the early birds got out their bikes and went for a ride around a block or two.    Andrea took the camera along and we get to see a bit of early spring coming to life in the desert.

Well this little beauty is not a red robin, nor a cardinal, but has a beautiful name all its own but my memory bank went blank and I didn't make notes . . . sometimes I think I can remember everything but then there are days that let me know it will take awhile to think of a name, a place or a thing . . .so,  just stop and look and think spring, relax in the beauty of peace and quiet.

Blue Bells to admire, a lovely plant I haven't seen before.      love the color.
So dainty.   So wonderful and just right to be introduced to your garden.     
Here is Jacob, friend Paula's grandson who is visiting Colorado and enjoying his first skiing lessons.  Here he was having a special ride and enjoying every minute of his winter vacation.    Way to go Jacob . . . enjoy your time and the snow.

Maybe the cruise ship people of the Carnival Line should hire Maxine to have a kind word or two about traveling aboard a cruise ship.   The news has been sad and pretty awful as either two, or three, or their ships have run into trouble this year.     There are some folks who will never make another cruise after their experiences, but then given a free trip, they might just try it one more time.    

So today, Thursday all day, we are hoping for some sunshine and a visit from the new man who will tend the weeds; well someone has to.  He will take the easy way and pour some of that weed killer on them as it would be an impossible task to take them out root by root.   My neighbor has an elderly lady pulling the weeds from her flat rock area and I am surprised and amazed as she has to be in her sixties and is down on her knees without a pad, pulling the weeds out by their roots.     I mentioned to her that I admired her ability to get down on her hands and knees and she responded that it surprised her that she still could at her age.     Now that is a dauntless one.   I thought to hire her but then I'd feel guilty and soon I'd be down there on my hands and knees helping. 
 
I read to Russell yesterday and he is almost to the end of his Wake Island story.    He looked pretty good with his new haircut and told me he had a great visit from an old sweetheart of some fifty years.     He told me that he wished he could be out and about traveling the world, but at ninety five, I gather . . . no, I know the feeling but also the limitations when one reaches a bit more than retirement age.     Don't wait if you have a desire to travel;  make it so you can do it while you have the abilities to enjoy every moment.     Arm chair travel isn't all bad, but it sure cannot take the place of the excitement of being 'there'.   
I was also invited to the High Tea that held in the dining room area.  The tables look lovely with a small Easter ornament in the center of the table.    Each one had lovely tea cups, all different and very delicate.   The tea pots, all different in size and colors were on a table by the side and the lovely ladies poured.   They walked around with dishes of tiny cucumber sandwiches and deviled eggs and luscious red grapes.  The desert dishes were filled with tiny morsels to make any palette stand up and take notice.     I sat with three lovely ladies, one I had met on my first luncheon visit at the Macklyn House, Christine, and it was her birthday so we took time out to sing to her;  and the other a mother and daughter . . . Henrietta, called Hank, who told me she had five brothers and they called her Hank and it stuck.   She had on a very beautiful sweater I would like to have in my wardrobe, soft spun and soft with tiny seed pearls that looks so fabulous.  Her daughter Susan was friendly and had a lovely smile.    They left early so I sat alone for awhile, then went for a walk around the area until my ride was ready for home.     Most of the ladies were from the Emblem Club and they looked very lovely in their dress clothing.  It is unusual to see such fancy dresses early in an afternoon and seeing hats was really different.  Reminded me of the good old days when I used to wear a hat . . . well, I did;   it was in style in those days.    High Tea is special and I hope you get to attend one soon; don't forget to wear a hat.
All in all it was a hump day that went by much too fast.    The speaker was an artist who talked about being positive and making your life worthwhile;  not a wasted word from a lovely lady dressed in what looked like a cloud of organza and lace.    A little class;   and a lot of lovely ladies who work hard to make it nicer for those in this community.  So think positive;  smile with your eyes and reach out and make a new friend.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment