Sunday, March 3, 2013

More Unusual


A frosty morn in Charlotte, North Carolina.  In Nevada this frost on the trees would be called pogonip, an Indian name for trees in their winter coat.   How beautiful.  The very first time I saw trees dressed in their winter array was in Spokane, Washington.  It was almost like walking in fairy land as the world turned white and silence prevailed.

Vermilion Cliffs, a National Monument in Arizona.    I wish I had known they were there as I have been to Arizona several times, but never in the area where these are located.    I intended to see all of our national parks eventually, but just never did get around to it.   Each one has something special to offer, just like you.

A perfect eye.   

You know what is said . . . history has a way of repeating itself.

An interesting quote and no one to give credit to it, but it caught my eye . . . "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.  You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.  Forget the bad, and focus on the good.  Have the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.  Life is too short to be anything but happy.  Falling down is part of life, getting back up is loving . . . life goes on . . . never end it."
 It is Sunday, all day, dense fog and then rain drops has been our weather pattern for the last couple of days.  Good weather to clean out drawers that have been neglected for awhile.    It is funny, or we are, when you find some of the things you put away and forget all about.    I found a package of bobby pins and do not have hair long enough to use one.    I found some unopened gifts of perfume that I'll never use because I have a favoite that I have used for years and am very happy with.    I didn't realize I had so many bars of soap, guess I'll cross that off my shopping list today.    All in all, I did get one set of drawers done, now to tackle the kitchen and see what I have kept that I never use anymore . . . cookie cutters from way back, pickle forks and the like;  treasures for a yard sale.   It is coffee time for me, so I'm off to enjoy my Sunday and hope you are doing the same.     Go, open a drawer and see what you put in it and forgot all about.   That silk scarf or tie may come in handy this coming week.    I guarantee your eyes will light up and you will laugh out loud as you hear yourself saying. . "Oh, there it is!"   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment