Friday, March 29, 2013

BIG

The only flag that doesn't fly . . . between the fields are miles of flower fields which go all the way to the ocean.  I think I've shown this picture a long time ago, but, it is worth a second peek.   The flowers are grown  by seed companies and then planted in a field at Vandenberg Air Force Base.  The flag is 740 ft. long and 390 ft. wide . . .maintains proper flag dimensions described in Executive Order #10834.  It covers 6.65 acres and the first flag planted with five pointed stars comprised of white larkspur.  Star is 24ft in diameter, each stripe 30 feet wide and contains 400,000 larkspur plants with 4-5 flower stems each...two million flowers ...for each and everyone of our soldiers.    Doesn't that make you sit up and take notice . . . God Bless America.

Now here is a big rig....how would you like to take a ride in that?    I wouldn't be able to get myself up into that cab unless it had an elevator.

Here are the particulars.     Wow....one big baby to play with....

Well, everyone is showing baby bunnies and all that good stuff for Easter. . . I thought we might like a peek at a handsome young fellow who has his tail up and ready to spray. . . I think the bunnies are cuter though and don't make such a 'stink' about holidays.  

Today is Good Friday, a day to visit your church and light a candle.    I was over to the Star of the Sea Catholic church which sits up on a hill and has the cleanest most empty parking lot in town.   Where are the people?    I light my candles there and have yet to find anyone in the church.    Sunday go to meeting folks I guess.    The inner church is covered in the Lenten purples and the holy water fonts are empty.   If tradition was followed then the blessing of the holy water should be tomorrow and the fonts refilled.   On Sunday the alter will be ablaze of white and the large Pascal candle will stand tall and straight and hopefully the church will resound with music and blessings for all.   I hope you are all preparing for a blessed Easter Sunday and enjoy the day.     Take time out to visit the church of your choice.   While you are up and dressed in your finery, take a friend or two to breakfast and enjoy a buffet or one of those lovely omelets with a side of biscuits and gravy...yum....I'm more than ready.....wish I could join you, or you could join me. . . wouldn't that be fun!!   Go . . . make today a memorable one.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment