Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tulips


Day two of my new flowers from Jo.     What a difference a day makes.    They are beautiful and make the room come alive.   

Enjoy your Saturday morning, in fact enjoy the whole day.     I am hoping for sunshine again today.   Yesterday I was invited to go for a ride to Medford with son John.  We drove through narrow winding roads  (route 199) with caution signs warning of possible slides; with all the rain we had this year there have been several big slides cutting off the route for many hours.    The roads are narrow, curves all the way, mountain  on one side and the river on the other.     We had fog and sunshine and drove through some snow in the higher elevations.   The snow was muddy and blackened by the car emissions but further in it was pure white and beautiful;  winter at its best.   Grants Pass had much more of a winter coat than Medford where I was dropped off at the Medford Mall.....stores, stores, two floors filled with happy shoppers.     I sat in the food court area, after my first hike around, and watched people which is always a fun thing to do.    They come in all sizes and shapes and have their own special way in their walk and expressions.   It was fun to see those with their phones glued to their ears.   One young lady sat by the wall seats with her bag of goodies and settled her self in, opened her lunch bag, pulled out her cell phone and had a conversation as she munched her lunch.     Little ones are always fun to watch, one little guy had a car stroller of his very own but insisted on walking with his family group.    He wasn't going to move any faster than he could so he was swept up, under protest, in the arms of his mother.     The teens are awesome and put on a show all their own from the hair styles to the dress styles.   A lot of belly showing these days and a few cracks peek from overly tight jeans and meager tee shirts.     They go for color and all know their styles.     The generations are there to see and I saw a few octogenarians with their wheeled walkers...yeah, I wished I had mine with me as it works better than a cane when you are spending a long time on your feet. 
I did walk into a music store but felt lost;  my the generation gap is getting wider and wider.    I found prices soaring even with sixty percent sale signs.    I don't know how people can afford to buy anything.   Some of the newer merchandise is of new materials and strange to my way of thinking.    I am going to have to keep the old as the new is much more expensive and does not come with directions.     The new styles are made much longer, a sign of depression, and I have grown much shorter so 'never the twain shall meet' ;   but, it was fun to be out in the crowds and watch the people go by.    So today, take a stroll around your mall and keep your eyes and ears open and you may find you  have many blessings to count.     Smile and you get a smile back . . . frown and you get a blank stare.  What is that old adage. . . 'you get out of life what you put into it, no more no less' . . .um . . . seems I've said that a lot lately . . . it's true.  So practice, practice, practice. . . smile with your eyes a guarantee to get a similar return.  Hugs to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment