Thursday, January 10, 2013

Friendship

Yesterday a friendship attachment came in with these beauties.   So know that I am sending each and everyone of you a friendship bouquet;   wish it could be a live one at your door, but beggars cannot be choosers and this one picture of beautiful roses says it all . . . thank you for being my friend.

I don't know if you have ever had lox and bagel for your breakfast but I can attest to the fact that it is just as tasty at five in the morning as at noon time or even dinner time.     Jock and Pat's friend Rob came up with a special recipe and canned lox for his future use and in the course of their dinner conversation while imbibing in a special taste of the lox and bagel, Pat mentioned that her mother was a lover of bagels and lox and ordered it whenever there was a restaurant that served them.     She's right, I was introduced to them when I ate at the Brothers Jewish deli in Sacramento many years ago;  in fact I had them earlier as I grew up in a neighborhood with a league of nations neighbors and it was exchange day so many holidays that we had a taste of all kinds of delicacies.   But, I particularly remember going to the deli at least once a week just for the special treat;   Then there was dark round pumpernickel bread filled with slices of roast beef and ,of course, a huge dill pickle right from a big round barrel .  Not too long ago we had a Jewish restaurant here in Brookings but they didn't stay long.  They served bagel and lox and I was a favorite customer.   So, to make a long story shorter, Rob immediately got a jar of his lox and sent it home with Pat for me . . . yum, and there is not a tiny piece left.    I wonder if Rob takes orders!

Well I am in a quandary as the computer picture program seems to be working and uploading the pictures I want to share with you on the blog.  The only problem is only one pictures comes out, where the rest go is any ones guess.  They don't seem to be anywhere I can attach to.    I would love to tell you I have learned more about using the electronic devices but I am still a kindergartner and haven't advanced beyond the basics.    "they" , the wonder wizards of the computer program, keep making changes and I have to wonder what they did, where did they put my 'old' stuff , the familiar, the stuff I know what to do with . . . but it is an unsolvable mystery.  I need a little computer geek sitting by my side.   There should be a special area for octogenarians that has a bright red button that tells them not to touch our computers.   They have no idea how fragile we are.

So today Thursday all day, with a big storm heading along the coast promising snow, but, if it is our usual snow fall then we will have a bit of slush on the road here on the coast, but, inland they are going to have enough to shovel.   It is winter.   Snow is inevitable and usually expected and enjoyed.     So if you are one of the lucky ones traipsing around in snow piles, put a smile on your face, a song in your heart and shovel away.    Make your seconds memory builders and stay dry as you do not want the flu that is going around.  I hear it is a nasty one.    Stay healthy and happy and make today special  . . . just like you.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment