Sunday, January 27, 2013

Art


One of the statues in the Sistine Chapel.    Now that is a body in good shape.    Erin and Donaleo didn't send any words with the picture so I have no idea who it represents.   I guess we will  just have to go and see for ourselves . . . I like that idea. 

Another of Sharon Guinn's art work.    I think I put this beauty on once before.   It has such a peaceful feeling about it, so a second viewing wont hurt at all.   

So today, Sunday all day, try to get out for a bit and go and visit a gallery and fill your mind with beautiful art work.   When I first arrived here in Brookings the main street was filled with local galleries and the artists displayed their work with pride and hope.    Ten years down the line and most are closed.  The economy is bad, no one can afford to buy and place beautiful original art in their homes.    We still have a few galleries,  but how sad to see the empty store fronts.   There are several artists that continue with the Saturday Art Walk each month and have convinced some of the store owners to open a space for them to show their work.    It brings a little class to the shops and the artist gets to display their latest creations.    If the rains hold off, I might just take a walk up town and see what gallery is still open and get a little exercise.   If not, then I have a good book going as I have a Tom Clancy book going, a first for me as I always thought his books were technical, but, I am finding out he is a great writer and right now I am in the midst of intrigue and the mystique of fighting the terrorists;  almost like hearing a television news cast.     Of course there is cookie baking to do as the jar is empty.   I know, I know, I do not need the extra calories but coffee or tea breaks without a little something 'good' is unthinkable.  I am one of those who think that sweets in brings the sweet of you out .... chocolate bits just have a way of making one smile.   Make your Sunday a 'sweet' one no matter what you choose to do.     Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment