Friday, January 18, 2013

New Things

"Above and Beyond" a fitting title for the Vietnam Vets.   They deserved praise and honor for fighting a political war that was a disaster from start to finish.    Our praise and thanks to these men who braved such atrocities and for having the courage to come back and get on with their lives.    
Hey Bob, here is that little beauty sitting in a place of honor on the back porch.    How creative you are and what a great job you did of the tiny birdhouse made out of wine corks.  There isn't a wine drinker who wouldn't love to have one.   I had to wait for some light to get a picture and then through the glass doors as it was very cold out there.   We are having what is called the Chetco Effect and that means gray days with heavy fog and frosty cold.   Christine gifted me with the wrought iron holder and her last year bird house is behind your cabin.    It took son John a little while to put things together for me, but here it is in all its glory looking GREAT!!! Thank you and Andrea for thinking of me and the birds may nest in it this year, I hope;  I love watching them.

And here is the new puzzle top.  Isn't it a beauty?  John and Jo made sure I was well 'puzzled' as along with the top came two mystery puzzles and a friend added a another too.  The puzzle frame turns which is something special as now you do not have to walk around the table to find the illusive piece, just turn the top around and it comes to you.    The puzzle is one of mystery and I have no idea who did the dastardly deed but maybe we will find out when the puzzle is finished, if ever, as the pieces are small, do not stay together which is frustrating and have the same or very similar colors everywhere...a challenge....yeah....a good one and Pat and I are having fun with it.

So today, if you got loving presents, big and small, for Christmas, brag about them  and don't forget to send a thank you note or call the special  folks in your life who gifted you.    I have a new foot bath which I haven't used yet, but it is beginning to stare at me so I had better try it out.    I have a new sweater in light lavender that is a beauty and I have my Halston and my Nantucket Briar so smell heavenly;   special gifts from special family...oh, and songs by Matt Monroe, if you haven't heard his voice....sigh....then see if you can find one of his albums.    He does all the old classics and does them well.  I have a new copper candle holder, special chocolate for my ice cream, a lovely apron which helps put the fun in cooking and a picture of a new dandy lion ready to spread its little thistles before becoming a full fledged 'weed'.   All that and a big  check to save for a trip, or to blow anyway I choose.  And I got some of the most delicious pears from Jock which I did share as they were just to delicious to eat all by myself.     My neighbor made the usual brandy fruit cakes and I recieved three of them, two gone already and I did share the third...delicious, even if you do wrinkle your nose.    I got fudge and chocolates which disappeared quickley, cannot imagine who ate them all.... and a lovely angel for my tree.  It is January,  already half over, so get busy and send out your thank you notes, call, write, text, skype, just do something and soon.   Send your love along with a kiss and a hug and let your family and friends know how much you appreciate them.   I wouldn't trade my family and friends for all the tea in China.   It is Friday, now that  is a gift all its own.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment