Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tidings

A beautiful sight,

A metal worker had no problem setting up his work for all to see and enjoy.  The Stations of the Cross.    Hope it lasts forever.     A reminder that in two week lent will start;  that's what the travelers are telling me as they are in Venice and it is Carnival time.    We are to see pictures and hear all about it when the twosome stops long enough from having so much fun.   Donaleo tells me his grandmother Norma will join them if I do .....I'd like to do just that but I had to tell him I would have to win the lottery first then I'd pick her up on my way to join them but did remind him we like to travel first class.

I mentioned yesterday that I had been invited to read at one of the senior residences but  I got a call from Linda, one of the ladies who helps to oversee the residence.   I got all dressed up and ready to go when I got a call saying they had the flu bug descend on them.    One of the folks had to go to the hospital, so seniors are to beware as it seems the flu is lethal.   Linda didn't think I should risk catching it and she's right, as I don't want it and I certainly don't need it.   Hopefully I'll be lucky and not catch even a slight cold this winter.     So far so good.    So today, if you are out and about be sure to be careful and stay  as healthy and happy as you can.  

Keep in mind winter does not last forever and it is our season to enjoy a slower pace in our quality of living.    The weather leads and when the storms come it slows us all down and maybe that is what we need.  It is a good time to catch up with all those projects you started, and a good time to do those chores that don't show . .  cupboards and drawers and closets . . . or the garage, now there is a place to keep you busy for the rest of the season.    Enjoy the day no matter what the season, you really do not have to have special reasons to sing at the top of your lungs, smile with your eyes and lend a helping hand where needed.     Blessings to each and everyone, may your seconds be measured in smiles today.  Hugs to all. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment