Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Travel

A fantasy;  a giant hand with many fingers groping the earth;   friend Angie posted this on her Facebook and thanked Kevin of USGS for the sharing the picture.   There were no words to tell what it is, but coming form a geologist it has to be a river spreading over the earth.   I've never seen anything like this.  Nature, an artist, at work.  When I worked for USGS many years ago, the geologists had many pictures of the valley and the other areas they were mapping and writing up their findings.   They had some of Honey Lake and the Bay area and Lake Tahoe and Washoe Valley.    Each picture in their study was always a form of art in itself.    I remember one of our geologist had a picture of Washoe Valley and the meanderings of the water that followed a pathway from the Sierra mountains to the valley and it looked like a Spanish dancer.  It had a beauty all its own.  Our earth is a fascinating place .

The rain is pouring down and making noises on my window pane at the moment.    I was hoping for a bit of sunshine but two days in a row would be asking a lot of 'mother nature';   so what shall I do with all my seconds today?  . . . like you, I will have to give it some thought.   Housework has little appeal but then it is a good day to do the hidden chores that do not show, like kitchen drawers where crumbs like to hide.    Maybe redo the 'catchall' drawer and be surprised by what I stuffed in there until I had time, or, maybe I'll look at the local newspaper and see what is playing at the theater and talk Pat and John into going.  Now that thought has merit . . .   Come on, join us, I'll share my popcorn;  that is if I can talk them into it, if not, you go and tell me all about it while I sulk and find out what is in my catchall drawer.  
Granddaughter Erin and Donaleo are on their way to Rome, Italy .   Now the adventure begins.    We will be getting snippets of their adventures which I will be happy to share with you.    Erin was very excited about her first trip overseas.      What will she find in her travels?     How long will she be gone?    She is hoping for a tour with the Peace Corps and is waiting to find out if she has been accepted.   My altruistic granddaughter wants to teach the world to sign and help the children learn how to communicate.    Donaleo is well traveled and speaks several languages so it should be an exciting adventure for the two of them.    Keep them in your prayers and wish them well as it is an adventure of a lifetime and I wish I were right along with them . . oh the sights to see, the sounds, the people . . um . . . Italy, what a lovely sounding name.     I know, you want to travel too;  well maybe you can plan your trip soon to your favorite dream place.     I'm humming . . . ;  that ole rocking chairs got me . . . sad but true.  Really not a bad place to be, just remember live one day as it comes as you will arrive at your 'age' destination soon enough, but meanwhile make plans and go when and if you can.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment