Friday, April 5, 2013

YUM!


A good morning little Northern Flicker to brighter your Friday morning . . . something has to . . . we have a week of new storms coming through.  The ocean is wild and the waves high, quite the sight to see.   Whales, what whales?  They keep going by deep in the ocean passing without so much of a wave of their tails or a spout goodbye.

Granddaughter Erin is enjoying the foods of other countries.  She is shopping at the local markets and found some luscious persimmons to make some juice or just crunch away at those huge lovely looking seeds.

Of course she has to rub it in knowing there are a couple of olive lovers here.   Um . . .look pretty good to me.

I had to laugh at this one.    I was just talking with one of my neighbor ladies who has a teen age son and it seems he is giving her 'the business' right now.  This young handsome quiet little boy is growing up and his mother had a large gin and tonic, her one for the day, to sip and to help her keep her hands in her pockets.    She will survive and hopefully he will too.  It is just too bad we all have to walk the path of growing up to live to the ripe age of remembering how you were at 'that' age . . . she laughed when I said those words and told me she had been remembering how she was as a teen, then smiled and said she thought she give her mother and father a call and thank them for their understanding and patience.    She was going to work on hers and if she could get her son to stand still long enough she might even give him a hug.

So today, Friday. . . yeah, another week gone bye and the weekend is coming up to enjoy.     I hope you got all of your list completed and had a chance to sit back and admire the work you did complete.    Several friends have come down with either a back problem or knee problem, signs of getting older and finding out that their Katrina the Great is slowly fading away.    I found that out this past few months when I went to clip some bushes on one of our sunshine days.   The clippers work fine but the hands do not want to do as much so they screamed after three big plastic bags filled with yard debris.     The knees and back were not happy either, so I guess we have to learn to slow down and realize that Katrina the Great knows when to change and we have to go through the process of excepting it.    It really is a downer though and a good possibility for feeling sorry for oneself all because one cannot do what they used to do . . . acceptance....that is a tough one to follow . . . but we are resilient and that is good for we pull ourselves together and we find out just what we can accomplish and get busy and do it.    I know for a fact that humming helps;  I know for a fact that you have to keep everything moving or it locks into place;   I know that it takes a strong will to escape ennui and change your usual patterns of life.    There is a lot of life to live doing more of the things you love to do and learn it is time to leave the 'chores' to the younger set.    Now if only the younger ones were available and willing it would be a blessing in disguise.      If you are still in your Katrina The Great stage of life, be thankful, be available and come visit me.  I miss my Katrina.     Come with a smile in your eyes, love in your heart and a hug or two to spare . . . I can still do all of that and hum while I do it.     Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment