Friday, April 26, 2013

Act II


Jennifer got flowers from Bill, just because she wanted some . . . how wonderful, thoughtful and loving, no wonder they are happily married.   She wrote on her Facebook that she and Bill were exhausted from moving and once she had a small area cleared she made the comment about how all that was needed was flowers . . . and he fulfilled her dream a bit later in the day . . . all it takes is an open heart full of love;  hope you find that in your lives today.


Meet JP Laboissonniere from Rhode Island and the latest new recruit heading for boot camp and a military career.  Put him on your prayer list and his mom too as she fights the fight of mothers who send their young men and women off with pride and lots of tears.    I know just how she feels, and you probably do too.     A handsome young man ready to take on a whole new life style.    


I think this fits most of us.    

This is a Walmart greeter.   He has a problem getting to work on time and was called on the carpet.
His boss wanted to know if he was always tardy when he worked at his former job.  They asked what would they say to him and he replied.....

"they saluted and asked if I was ready for my coffee."
So today ...Friday.... hopefully you are heading for a weekend and a break in your routine.     I have boxes of books ready to go to the yard sale which is coming up in another week.   I looked through the boxes and found three that I retrieved as one was by Al Gore and his work on Global Warming.    It looks like it is filled with pictures, charts, words and thoughts about what is happening to our world.    He has been ridiculed and made fun of but he won the Nobel Peace Prize for his work and I don't think it would hurt any one of us to take a minute to read and look at this book.   He may not have all the answers but he sure did a lot of good work in trying to tell us what is going on all around our world.     Then there was a beautiful new book of Zane Grey's early work.   I haven't read a Zane Grey cowboy story in ages.    Last was a book on early Japan that looks interesting and the color plates are gorgeous.     So I think I'll take a summer chair out on the porch and sit in the sunshine and read awhile today.    If you don't have a book, come by, I'll share.    speaking of sharing, today is a good day to find someone to share time with, maybe a little smooch, a hug and always a smile.   My door is open, the coffee pot is on....I have green tea bags...stop and find a cookie to go with it as it is going to be to hot to bake today.     I'll let you find the last pieces of the puzzle...what a bear it has been...but getting close to the end.    Come help, I love company.    Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment