Sunday, April 21, 2013

Calm


The Port . . . Brookings Harbor .   A ride over to see what was going on at the Port and we found the basin filled with recreational vehicles, not an empty spot to be had.    I thought it early as it is only the end of April but folks are out and about early this year.    Some have brand new RV's and one fellow was out washing his off.    I'll have to take my camera over and take some pictures for you to see.   I might even remember to take a picture of the license plates and we'll know where they came from.  The weather was warm and sunny , and yes wind because there were no clouds, but it was really warm and it felt so good.    For one blog, I can not complain about weather, but that doesn't mean I wont in the future.
  
I tried making friendly noises to a sea gull.   It was huge, beautiful, and curious as my soft whistle did get its attention and it kept coming closer to the car.  If it had come to the window I probably would have closed it quickly for fear it would take my  nose as the prize delicacy of its day.     We have a neighbor who feeds the gulls.  We did ask him not to as the poop is everywhere but now he is feeding them on the other side of his property thinking we wont notice.  What an idiot and how to spoil the gulls as they will get lazy and not go out to sea and find their own fresh fish.  

Pat and I got back to our yard sale preparation and we got quite a bit done.   There were sales in our neighborhood and we had one drop in customer but we did not have signs out so no one else stopped by.    There is so much 'stuff' , much more than Pat thought she had.   I remember her saying maybe this year we didn't have enough trinkets and treasures for a yard sale. . . all we need is a huge hall and we would still be looking for room.   We are hoping John will be here in time to help us, we sure will need it.    If you are in our neighborhood stop in, you wont be sorry.

It is Sunday, all day, a day to rest. . . think of all the chores you could get done, then decide that there will be time for that when you are in the mood or cannot stand the mess any longer, but today rest, relax and catch up with YOU.    If you have to have something to do, think about inviting family and friends for a cook out and you supply the grill meat while they bring along some good fixings.....aah.....sounds good to me.      Enjoy today.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment