Monday, April 29, 2013

Backyard


Another finished puzzle and a doozy, not easy, to say the least, and really a second time around.   Pat and I had done this one a long time back but when we found out John had purchased the same print by Bev Doolittle and it was stolen from his room, we decided to do it all over again only glue it this time and he can enjoy the scene.   Now to find out how to get it together and frame it.  It is not the 'real' thing but it has a charm all its own and hours of both work and pleasure by us.

The red rhododendron is blooming and very beautiful.    I worked hard getting weeds out from the garden areas a few weeks back.

Th end of the Camellia bush.  The flowers are lovely, a pretty pink, but they do not last long and as you can see fall apart and cover the ground. . . I know, better than weeds.


Work to be done.    The grass was a good six inches high and the new yard man did mow it.  I should have taken a before and after picture.  He didn't trim though which surprised me.    I'm not sure he and I are going to hit it off.  His young weeder left more weeds than he picked up.   So I spent yesterday doing a patch of ground and some clipping not on this end of the yard but up by the porch and it looks neat.    Maybe I'll do a little more today and save some money in the long run.    My tree stump is beginning to look like yard art.

Now I have to give credit, where credit is due, and these weeds are gone.  There were a few left, a blooming dandelion and a couple of small fern, why I have no idea.    I can tell you that no weeding was done between the fence posts.  Hopefully spraying will eventually take care of it all.  As I look at the picture, I'm thinking . . . should I rake out the rocks and let the clumps of weed grass grow in this section.  It might be the answer.
Hey, it's Monday . . . again . . . thank God.     I hope you enjoyed your weekend and did all of the things you wanted to do.    My neighbor came in to say she got up in the middle of the night to visit 'the john' only to have it go through her bathroom floor.   She is bruised a bit and still in shock.   Now that is a first, never heard of the toilet bowl going through the floor.    It has been a month of like problems for her and her husband as they decided to put in tile and the recommended worker tore up the laundry room first and made a real mess.   He just didn't know what he was doing.    He was fired and a new man came in and did the kitchen and front hall way but is reluctant to pull up the new laundry room floor due to possible insurance problems.  All this started from a water leak and burst pipes in the kitchen.    So if you think you have it bad today, think about my neighbor and sympathize.     Wish we could find some of the 'old time' workers who knew how to do the job and did it well.   Whatever happened to taking pride in your work?  So if you have work to be done around your home, be sure you take time out to research first, hire later, and make sure of the worker you hire.  

A new week ahead and one that will be busy and exciting for me.  Son John is due in this week, a birthday party for Russell who is going to be be 95 which he has been saying this year and now I am betting he will tell you he is 96 all year as old folks are prone to do.  Maybe saying you are a year older the day after your birthday keeps you living in high hope.  Lunch with an couple of old friends on Tuesday and a few days of making sure we are ready for the big yard sale weekend coming up this next weekend.    It will be hard work but fun and it is always great to meet and greet new folks.    Once in awhile you get a grouch or a slouch but most are happy and looking for a treasure.    Let me know what you are up to.  I like to know that you are keeping up with the life style you have chosen.     Work, good eating, lots of loving, reasons to be happy, and you are alive and well;  it doesn't get much better than that.   Go . . . enjoy your new week and  while you are at it, spread a bit of cheer.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment