Sunday, April 28, 2013

Rocks

The attachment that came in yesterday had lots of rocks and a tale about an artist who loves to balance rocks.  His name is Michael Grab and he comes from Boulder, Colorado...of course . . . According to the write up he tells us that it takes meditation, finding our zero point, or the silence within ourselves.


I guess it has a beauty all its own.   I do love rocks of all kinds.    I made the mistake of putting rocks in my front yard when I didn't know how to do it, but they certainly do not have the beauty or balance.


Maybe the secret of success if having water beneath them.    You have to agree that this form of art is different and has a beauty all its own.     I bet the flow of water brings out the colors and textures. I wish I knew this Michael Grab so he cold come and visit and make my yard look beautiful.  If you see me sitting out by my rocks trying to balance them, know I'm looking for my zero point.  I may get a fancy fence yet.


A castle in Ireland.


Another castle in Irelandon a lovely hillside.


Along the Liffy.
I have been to Ireland three times.   All trips were included in tours where one gets to see the highlights of each country they visit.    There is an outfit out of Michigan who does "The Heart of Europe" tours and do not hesitate to try one as each one I was fortunate enough to go on, proved to be a delight and visiting Ireland has to be one of the very best spots.    I'd go again tomorrow if I could.   

Sunday is here already.    The yard man was here and I wish I could tell you my problems are solved as to how my yard looks.  I made the mistake of going out, after he was gone, along with his helper, and paid an exorbitant bill for a lot of nothing . . . not even a trim around the grass area and enough weeds not picked up to help the wind blow the seeds right back where they were.    Pat says I'm 'never satisfied' and want them to do it like I would. . . well, what is wrong with that?   I like neat.  I like a job well done.  So, I'll pull in my horns and give them a chance, but I'm not signing on to any contract.    I wish I knew how to cement or tar  . . . no I don't . . . how sad I'd be without all the beauty of a garden.  I'll change my attitude and give them a chance to redeem themselves...but only one.    I'll go out and commune with nature and pull a few of those left over weeds.

As for you, change your attitude, get off your duff and do something positive today.     Check out the yard sales;  stop by a church and visit.  Sit and find your level of peace.     Oh, while there, light a candle for all our service men and women.  I think they should all come home and protect our shores right here.    Meanwhile treat yourself to a few quiet moments and renew your faith, your hope and be charitable . . . it only takes a smile and a hug from a favorite person to 'make your day'. . . think exchange and give a little back.     Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment