Saturday, April 6, 2013

Green


A cute little bird that looks like it gets plenty to eat.    We have birds that line up on the electric wire and sit waiting patiently for the bird feeders to be filled.   We also have a neighbor who feeds the sea gulls which is not the best thing to do.  Come to think of it, I'm out of bird seed so I'll add that to my shopping list.   I haven't seen our big black magpies in some time, wonder where they went.  They really are pests but then they are fun to watch.  Chore number one today, feed the birds.


This picture reminds me of a lake in Auburn, California where my daughter Eileen used to frequent.  Every time I would go for a visit we would take my grandson by the hand and hike around the lake.   It was always such fun as they had exercise stops along the way and we would stop and do whatever was required to get past that one point.   One picture can trigger a thousand memories.  Sure hope you have a picture or two to spike your good times.    I must be getting old...smile...as I have told that story every time I see a picture like this...almost like reading "How Green Was My Valley" one more time.

I'm smiling.  I wonder how many of you have spoken these words.    That walk through the teen years seemed endless, but then comes the day when the butterflies leave the cocoon and life becomes more docile and really some of the 'fight' goes out of all of us and if we are honest we miss the challenges of watching our children grow into lovable, beautiful and wonderful grownups . . .just like we did.   

It is Saturday, yes, it is here  and our weathermen were on the mark with their prediction of a week of storms.   So far it has been light showers, not the teeming rain predicted . . .but, the week of storms isn't over so I had better not crow.    This is a yard sale day and there is a church sale at St. Timothy's church.   The crowds will be at the door before time and enjoying the camaraderie of  hoping to find a treasure.    We have made some yard sale friends so it will be fun to catch up with them this morning and hear about the treasures they have found.   Each one has a specialty, Mike goes for iron, metal object, fishing equipment;  while Marcia heads for the jewelry looking for some of those signed pins from the early forties and fifties.    John has a good eye and goes for anything and everything that sparkles and shines.   Maggie likes puzzles and usually saves one or two for me.    I do have a Bev Doolittle puzzle of an Indian Chief on his white horse and it is in the in between stage.    I usually head for the books and last time out, found a wonderful brand new crock pot cookbook that has some great looking dishes I will have to try.  A real treasure for fifty-cents.   So as much as I enjoy spending some time with you, I am off to put my shoes on and get ready for the beep telling me my chauffeur is here and raring to go.  Put your shoes on , check your paper and see what sales are about, then go and find a treasure.    Take your smiling eyes and a hug along as you are bound to meet up with a friend or two.    Hugs to all.    


No comments:

Post a Comment