Saturday, April 27, 2013

What's New?


A visit to Facebook and I always find a picture I think is blog material.   I thank Angie for her wonderful sense of humor and my son John as they post pictures a lot and 'moonlight Alice' has a fantastic sense of humor.


Here is another one.   How often have you wanted to tell this to someone who thinks they are smarter, wiser, and a bit better than you.....not true so it is good to wish them well on their fall, somewhere along the line they do.

Where was this picture yesterday when I was telling you I was going to enjoy a reading day.    I must say I enjoyed my mystery and finished it, not outside under the sunshine, but back in the house with the heat on as we have a cloud cover which is like a light fog and brings a chill in the air...and I thought I was so smug as I pushed the thermostat off, well, it was for two whole days.


I wonder if the Post Office folks could find a way of adding a spam area to our neighborhood box.   They have two parcel areas, um . . . maybe one could be used for spam and the mailman or lady could clear it out once a week.  It would give them some hours on Monday when they don't show with mail now.   If they allowed us to make a list of what we call spam, the first one would be catalogs and or store freebie discounts like if you purchase a hundred dollars or more, you get free shipping.   Second would be solicitations;  most of us want to donate to whom  and when there is a just cause, and we do not have to be inundated with a penny or a nickel and promises to double our donations and enclose garden gloves from China;  address labels and other prizes.   I think they should put their money where their mouth is and let us do our own thinking and know when the cause is there and is a true one we are always ready to help.  I had one fellow on the phone who wanted to know how much I was going to donate so they could plan ahead . . . he was a little put out when I told him it would be a surprise.    Pushy people just don't get it. 

By the way, what do you think of that tax they want to put on for all you purchase on the computer these days.   A very lucrative business and 'they' cannot stand money slipping by without their hands in the till.    Yes, you will pay tax to the state you purchase the merchandise from and I am betting they will probably think of a tax for using the computer both at your end and at the store end. . . well, it's a thought on how to make them add to their coffers.     I am wondering how they expect us to keep paying more and more taxes when there is less and less income.   

I have lots of questions this Saturday morning and no answers.     My new yard man came last evening and he sent his young helper to weed the back garden while he bounced around doing most of the work and didn't stop for a second the whole hour he was here.   He came in with my first bill which was high enough to make me gasp for the work that was done for weeding and mowing my small patch of grass.    I wont tell because it is such a relief to see a much neater yard.    Once he gets into the routine and I know he is going to be a good worker himself, then I will not mind writing the check as he does not waste a second of time.   He will work on my sink hole in two weeks and hopefully knows and remembers the grass still grows.

It is Saturday, fun to say that even when retired.  Retirement does not mean time stops and you have nothing to do.  It reminds you that your seconds are important and fulfilling even though you are not going off to a nine to five job.  So if you are looking forward to retirement, know that you will adjust to unlimited 'work' and enjoy every minute of it.   Be sure to invest in your own future as it comes around a lot sooner than you think.     Perk up the attitude . . . practice how to give a real good hug . . . and turn up the corners of the mouth as it brings instant beauty to the eyes.    Go look in the mirror . . . and did you know that if you say the names of "Jesus, Mary and Joseph"  you get the best exercise in avoiding a double chin.   Try it and add a favorite saint or two as you keep those facial muscles working.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment