Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Second Attempt

When you cannot afford the very best....like a built in one.....beats holding your telephone in your hands while driving;  a very big NO...NO...NO.


A fancy tombstone by a Scrabble Lover....great idea....bet costly.     Some folks have lots of imagination.


Here is another gravestone.  someone had a clever idea and either admired the golfer or was glad to get rid of him and his passion for golf.


I never thought of this when I was trying to make a fence out of an open area on the side of the yard where the resident deer come traipsing through.   I planted some plants hoping they would grow big and tall . . . but they ate them . . . the little rocks are there and the weeds are filling in the space.    Another idea gone bad. . . but there is hope, I had not thought of making one like this.

I'm a great one to tell you to hum when you have lots on your mind and begin to sag from the weight of worry.   Humming does help, fills the spaces of  and within the brain so you have time to think things out and come up with a solution to whatever current problem may exist.     There is always some one thing to keep us humming.    As for singing, so many with wonderful, beautiful and melodic voices, like Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Andy Williams who have left us for greener pastures but leave behind so many beautiful renditions of favorite tunes.   How lucky we are.  Then there are singers still belting out tunes for our enjoyment,  Tony Bennett, Gladys Knight, good old Willie Nelson and his whiskey tenor, oh so many to enjoy and hum along with.    So today, do yourself a favor and hum a lot.    Put on a DVD or however you listen to your  music these days and find time to listen and hum.   

Yesterday, I attended a luncheon given by the Macklyn House staff for the volunteers.   I was included because I read to Russell.    I was surprised to find out I knew two of the attendees and met several more folks I did not know.  All good company and good conversation.     Dom managed to tell a story about the day we went over to the Charter School and put on a little story and poetry telling to the children.  After the program was over the children were told they could ask us questions and one little fellow stood up and asked Dom how old he was.  Dom told him 68, and the young man turned and asked how old I was and I said 85 and his eyes grew wide as he had never, never, ever, met anyone THAT OLD . . . Dom thought it was hilarious and it was...his eye balls took time to return to their sockets.    I remember when my kids thought thirty-five was old;  um....wonder how they feel about age today????  smile!!!
So it is a summer feeling day this end of springtime which took its good old time to get here.    We had eighty degrees yesterday and wind...but it was warm and lovely and getting into a closed car at the end of the luncheon for a ride home was enlightening to say the least...hot...hot...see, I told you we'd be 'talking' about the change in our weather...winter to spring to summer......some lovely days ahead...beach walking...one of my favorite things to do.     I'm off to have my coffee and wake up.  This is my second attempt to get a blog together.  Like yesterday I had finished a blog only to find it in an area where it should not be...how, why??? who knows....I'll have my computer expert son look at it when he arrives and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to write only once instead of twice.  Each time the story changes....See you tomorrow, go have some fun today.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment