Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hungry?


What a beautiful picture . . . love cowboys and horses . . . . love to watch the magnificent beasts run and show off their sleek bodies and beautiful manes.     One of my few regrets and that is I never made an effort to go horseback riding.   It has to be one of the most wonderful joys in life.     Try it, you might find you like it.


I don't think I know anyone who does not love shrimp.    Well, son Michael is allergic to all kinds of fish...but most folks can tolerate the delectable critters from the sea.     This one is a fast and delicious way to fix them.    Melt a stick of butter on your cookie sheet, squeeze lemon juice and a few slices of lemon over the shrimp and bake 350 degrees for fifteen minutes...and oh, don't forget to sprinkle some Italian seasoning over them...that is what makes them taste so good.

Sally up at the Sidney Museum in Port Orchard, Washington does a great job of touting her painters. The artist is Diana Gardner and she is showing off some of her work.   She sure is a talented artist.    I wonder if daughter Christine has seen this picture . . she loves dragons and has quite a collection.    She doesn't have the wall space, but that might not stop her from trying to fit this one in.  I am looking forward to my next trip up to Port Orchard, and a visit to the art gallery.

Saturday, what a lovely sound to most folks who have put in a week of hard labor.     A day to do whatever it is you want to do and no one to tell you what to do.  Sounds good to me . . . don't forget attitude . . . change it if you must . . . smile with your eyes and don't forget a verbal hug or two.   I left the coffee pot on all night, a first and hopefully a last. . . getting old and senile or need to make myself a check list and be sure I have shut off or down all that needs to be done.    I reluctantly closed the windows as we hit over eighty yesterday and going higher today....summer in Brookings is early this year...rain coming in so I'm not worried that it will overstay its welcome.   So do your 'thing' today and be sure it is what makes you feel like you rule your world.    Be kind, be generous, be true to yourself and enjoy your seconds as they come.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment