Monday, May 20, 2013

Words

I cannot imagine not having my children in my life.    My children have been my world for a very long time.   We have traveled a long road together and became close as the roads we traveled became bumpy and full of pitfalls.   We survived and travel peaceful roads filled with love and laughter.    



This is a fact.   How sad to think our government officials are not standing up and seeing that our current crop of veterans are receiving the medical aid they so justly deserve.     The cry is out from all kinds of outfits asking us to help the men and women coming back from the 'terror' wars and we  have no way of knowing which one is a true one that will see that the veterans are cared for.  They should not have to beg for assistance of any kind.   It seems that there has been remarks about them being a volunteer army.....they should pay taxes.....they should not expect aid upon their return to civilian life . . . well 'th'ey' should think again and know that without these veterans coming back from deployment there would be no army, no navy, no defense against our enemies and then what would 'they' be saying.....I bet they would go begging!    


We should have this one on the refrigerator door . . . what is that old adage?   "Pataience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom in a woman, never in a man."    Wonder who thought that one up?     I know a few patient men . . . mnot many, but a few.     I know a lot of impatient women . . . all because of a man . . . and that could be said both ways......smile!!

Son John has been trying to set up a lap top that daughter Chrstine was generous and left for me to use.   It seems my old computer had become an octogenarian like me and didn't want to move any faster than it had to.    The slowness was  a learning lesson of patience.   The new computer is a dream, much faster and I get to play scrabble without getting thrown out a dozen times.  I had visions of enjoying this new little lap top until I found I am a 'guest' and not privy to some of the set up that is Christine's alone.    I will need an a-b-c- note path to follow in order to get on the blog.    Just getting to the pictures takes half the morning . . . we'll just have to see what develops especially when son John leaves and I have to try to figure out how to turn the computer on.    Time to take notes a, b and c.   Time will tell.

We start a new week and the sun is shining this morning.  It is going to be a good day to finish up with the clippings and getting them bagged and ready for the dump.     Today may be the day to water and make sure everything gets a good soaking as the ground is very hard.    I'd like to be able to turn th esoil and use a pitch fork but my one attempt was like pushing a fork into an over cooked piece of mat that had turned to lead.   Angie left yesterday and made it home as she had to return to work today.    It will probably take a day or two to get back into the work mode, but she is a pro and will do just fine.    If you are checking out my Facebook page you will see her comments. 

I have to tell you that Pat and I joined Marcia and went to a special tea.   The group of ladies put on a special tea each year to make money for the education of young women.   There were four recipients there yesterday telling of thier accomplishments and how grateful they are for the opportunity to go on to higher education.  One is going to be a doctor.  The ladies were dressed to the 'nines' and some wore elaborate hats with sales tags on them.    The tables wer decorated with beautiful white tea pots that were filled with real flowers and all for sale.   Beside each plate was a lovely tea cup filled with candies and a gift for us to take home.     The first event was a raffle of a quilt and daughter Patricia won it...It is beautiful and she handed it to me. It's on my bed now and so beautiful as it is shades of green and gold with peacocks.    Her name is on it, so she will have it in the future, meanwhile I am going to enjoy it.     We all tried the silent auction and there was so many wonderful baskets to bid on.   I did get the bottle of wine in a holder but it wasn't wine, a cider I think.   I  gave it to Pat as a thank you for the quilt. . . smile.....not an even exchange by a long shot.   All in all the table trays were filled with every delightful finger sandwich you could mention, and the tiny deserts were lucious.    All in all, it was a lovely affair and it was nice to see the ladies all decked out in their fancy dresses and hats.   So, if you hear of a special tea in your area, don't hestitate to go and partake of all the goodies and maybe you might win the bid on something special at the silent auction.  The room was filled with ladies with smiles on their faces, and I saw many a hug exchanged.   I got a couple of those.  So today give a hug or two to a family member or a special friend, or a stranger or two, make their day a happy one as you make yourself a happy camper as well.     The seconds are ticking away so don't waste them.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment