Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day Four -Pictures from a moving car.


Heading for Susanville then into through two  forests and wind our way home.  


The last of Reno and the buildings of the shopping center which goes back streets;  a far cry from the one mall when I lived in the area over ten years ago.


Honey Lake which used to be all the way out to the highway and now miles away, maybe a long wet winter will bring it back.


Miles and miles of forest land, beautiful pines all sizes and shapes and some trees that are so tall you can hardly see the tops.


I must have taken a dozen shots trying to get Mt. Shasta pictures.    It peaked in and out as we drove through the miles of forest and finally I got the chance and snapped quickly.  There is nothing wrong with being big and beautiful!


Here are some of those tall trees I spoke about.   I had fun tyring to focus as we drove sixty miles an hour or better .  At the base of this highway is Mt. Shasta and I kept seeing it at a distance but then it would disappear.  We finally got to a point where I could get a shot at it as you see in the picture above.  Of course if I had waited until we actually got closer I could have had a much better picture as we passed it when we turned into the highway heading home.


We stopped to get some water and the car next to us had this real live lizard on its dashboard.   The young man was very friendly and told us about his pet loving to bask in the sun.    I looked but didn't touch....pretty thing really.

A note of thanks to all of you who sent such lovely loving cards for my birthday.     I enjoyed my son and two daughters yesterday as we had a very laid back day and caught up with ourselves.    We were all tired from our miles on the road and it felt good to relax and not have to do anything that led to a long ride in a car.   Daughter Patricia got through the MRI and now awaits the report as to whether or not she can have the new medication in pill form rather than continue with the M.S. shots;   say a prayer.   The news is that it is helping some and God knows a pill is easier than a shot;  so hopefully the companies will get the pills manufactured and out there for the M.S. patients.   Daughter Christine leaves us today to return to Port Orchard.    She will be back to watch over me and the dog come June.   I will enjoy her company as I didn't get to see much of her this trip.     For those of you with small children driving you crazy with their antics, remember they do grow and they absorb all of your teachings so that one day they become loving, caring and wonderful adults who shower you with smiling eyes and lots of hugs and a gift or two .   You should see my beautiful flowers, my new tops.   If the old adage of 'what goes around come around' then this is a time in life that you learn what real love is all about.  So start today sharing YOU with those you love and shower them with patience, understanding and lots and lots of hugs.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment