Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ranch Life at the base of the Sierras

A friendly bear in the breakfast room at the hotel.


The miner's shack , which has been repainted, re-roofed since I lived in this little house.


the apartment, my first home when I first moved to Carson City, Nevada.
   Second Floor left end was mine.

A storm cloud up at North Shore

Lake Tahoe in all its beauty


Son John standing in Mike's trailer, so much bigger and nicer without the second small bedroom.  Mike put in that floor.


Mike showing us around the ranch


Surpirse, the new pony born on a very cold morning in January


The garden area where we had some fresh asparagus which tasted better than any I have ever had.
 A lovely area and some great ideas on making outdoor garden 'boxes' for growing vegetables.    There are lots of apple trees around too.   

Our only complaint was the heat...it was hot, hot, hot, dry and hot, hot....hot...do you get the idea I have lost my sense of body heat up in those high desert areas...well I have so when we got close to home and saw the fog rolling in, the air cool ...aah!!!!

I'll recheck the pictures as see if I missed anything 'good' . . . if so I'll put them on ...but....I think I've taken care of most if not all.

It was fun to share my outing with you.    Hope you find a way to go and visit the California valley and go on up to the Sierras and enjoy Nevada and all its beauty.     I'll give you a short rest.   Bye for now.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment