Sunday, May 26, 2013

Musing

Good Sunday morning.   Here it is Memorial Day Weekend and there is a lot of activity here in Brookings.   One of our neighbors had a huge yard sale and advertised so we got the idea to open the garage doors and see what would happen if we put out a sign or two.  We had one very busy day.   Our 'shop' looked great, the folks were in the mood for the type of items we had and a lot went out the door.    Such nice folks, visiting from other areas and had come for the activities.   Azalea Park is in full bloom so a lot of the folks head there.   The Garden Club had its annual sale of home grown plants and trees and the annual flower show.    We missed the Parade this year and the Library sale.   All in all it was a lovely day and a fun one.

Meanwhile I am waiting for my son John to make it easier for me to find and put my pictures back up on the blog.     I have a few new ones but they will stay where they are until I can find my way to show them.   Any change, no matter how small throws my brain off and it takes time to get used to the new.    Don't give up, I'll learn.

The new system seems to be faster.   A bit more complicated as it is a far cry from what I have been used to.     I am told change is good . . . now that is a matter of opinion!  Some changes are good, some great and some 'suck' as the expression goes.   Some things do not need to be changed while other need a big change . . . so it is all in the mind, the way we want things to be and how we want to make the changes . . . if we do.  Some of us like things they way they are but . . . that proverbial pain in the butt . . . sends changes our way whether we like it or not.    An attitude change is good.   A change in the weather is great.   A change in the pay check is better.    A change in our leadership in D. C. is needed.    AND a Change in our mindset is important.   Don't change the smile in your eyes.   Don't change the walk as you open up those arms for a hug.   Don't change your good habits, work on the bad ones . . . I know you don't have any;  me either.     Go, have a Sunday of rest and relaxation and get ready for your new week.      Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment