Thursday, June 6, 2013

Vacation Time

The new IRS motto.
And now we realize how important our vote is.

Daughter Patricia won this beautiful quilt at the last tea we attended.   She gave it to me to use for awhile knowing I will give it back to her after awhile..   A loving gesture and it is a very beautiful quilt of greens, gold and peacocks.   I didn't do it justice in taking the picture.   It needs a nice soft gold shade as a bed skirt, to set it off,  but that will have to come later.   The work that went into the quilt is really something to see.    My bed is an antique, bought years ago at an antique sale in the mall.   It is oak and very beautiful.   The picture is of Half Dome at Yosemite, a water color a  water color and a pleasure to look at.  The file cabinet is in good use and the lamps have an oriental look to them.   The big bookcase in the corner is filled with all of the western novels I have found over the years and have yet to read.  If I had known I was going to show my bedroom off, I would have taken a picture of my walnut dresser which has a big beautiful beveled mirror but that will have to be shown some other time.   

Our weather is still holding with a cool marine layer that has no where to go and we are happy to have it stay as we hear that the heat is on inland.  I had a nice surprise yesterday when my telephone rang and it was Donaleo calling from Croatia.   The line cracks up a lot but I could hear him and when he asked if I had Skype and said I did, he changed over and Pat and I could see him as well as talk with him.  He looks great and Erin was out shopping so he was going to have her call back in an hour.    He showed us out his window from the 18th floor of the huge apartment building they are in.  Their hosts owns a five bedroom suite and they are 'favored' guests.   Spoiled, I'd say...smile.     Jealous, I'd say as I would love to be traveling with them.    Skype is great, an amazing program.    Erin called her mother at home later and they could see each other, as Pat does have a camera on her computer.    Pat reported Erin looks great and is very happy and excited.   They will return in August and we will have Erin for a good month or six weeks before she leaves for Kenya and her new teaching job in the Peace Corp program for deaf.    A wonderful 'match' and you will be hearing all about it.

It is Thursday already, where has this week gone to?  Pat goes off on vacation.   Christine arrives and we will have ten days to share.    I hope you are making plans for a great weekend or planning a vacation time now or later.   Know you deserve one.    Pack your bag, or pack up your car and get away for a few days.   Friends stopped at Yellowstone this week and were disappointed to find it already crowded.   I guess folks are on the road earlier this year.     Go carefully, relax and enjoy.    Make a new friend along the way and send a postcard.    "June is busting out all over . . . la, la, la..."    Smile with your eyes, don't forget a hug or two and if you come my way be sure to stop in and share some of your golden moments with me.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment