Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bit of Heat

Ah,  radishes, a favorite of mine.  Love the peppery bites and three give you all the vitamin 'e' you need for the day.

with more scandals every day a larger truck is needed.

Smart cat knows where to park itself on a very hot summer day.

Inland, in Medford, they are having ninety degrees and better while on the coast we are having foggy cool days.    You can bet that there will be many more folks visiting today.

I did a little watering yesterday and enjoyed using the new green hose which you have seen advertised on television.  It grows as the water flows into it and it is so easy to lug around.     I have one in the front and one for the back gardens and both worked great.    What a difference after fighting the big heavy duty hose with all its kinks and weight.     Thanks John, they take the work out of watering the gardens.   I did get a few of the rhododendrons dead headed.   They are such beautiful plants but they do not bloom very long.   I still haven't found a yard person yet, but am looking.    The hedge is growing taller by the day.   I am wondering if John sharpened the clippers while he was here.  I might try my hand in using them before the hedge grows back up over six feet.    It is a hardy hedge and makes for a very good neighbor fence.  A lot of work entailed to keep it up though.   

So today, hump day, take time out to do a bit of gardening and enjoy your weather.    Pick a bouquet of flowers and put them in a lovely vase and make your room come alive.     Finish off a project or two and then settle down with a good book.   I have read two Patterson books this week and both have been page turners.    Speaking of reading, today is my day to read to Russell.    He is beginning to slow down a bit more and should be using a walker or a cane but pride goes before that fall that makes you a believer.  Ninety five is an 'unsteady' time but a hard sell to those that make it that far.     I think as far as he is concerned, he can lick the world with one hand behind him, and a cane would make him feel old.   Yes, I'm smiling, old age is not for sissies.   As for me, my cane goes with me, makes for a good balance act.  I even put my white rocker on the front porch and it looks so good.   I sat out there yesterday and rocked awhile and it was very restful and peaceful.     So get yourself a rocking chair and join me.    You do not have to 'age' to enjoy one.     I'm off to have my coffee and open my other eye....join me if your nearby.   Make today special, just like you.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment