Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hobby





The story goes that Albert Tapper Torney was thought to be a bit different, old, seedy, and a bit odd as he went around collecting bottles and cans.   He saved the cans and no one knew that he was a very smart and clever man until his talent and treasures were found.   Imagine being able to look at an aluminum can and see  a car within; imagination at its best.    

Sunday this June 9th, warm and sunny with a few wispy clouds floating overhead.  One looks like a peacock ready to stretch its feathers;  while another has the look of a big fish.  No breeze this time of the morning, you can hear silence.

I am enjoying my daughter Christine.  We did get to a couple of yard sales yesterday.  Marcia sold my secretary for me and that was a boon.     She had so many tables and lots of customers so she was not unhappy.     I didn't find anything I really wanted but I did buy a glass dish that was to pretty to leave behind.    There was a picture, but I didn't buy it because I have no wall space for it.    I'm thinking I might go back and get it as it had a thatched roof cottage that made me think of Ireland and my trip there.   That is one place I wouldn't mind visiting again as it has a special beauty all its own.  Of course having a bit of Irish blood isn't the true reason . . . or is it?   Today I am taking her out for breakfast and we may go to Gold Beach and take a nice long walk on the beach where the agates lay waiting for someone to come along and pick them up.  

So get up, get going and find yourself something special to do today.    Enjoy the seconds as they fly by and you hardly notice.     Plan a picnic, it's not too early.    Call a friend and include a family member or two and set up a round of golf; just think what that exercise can do for your body.     If you don't golf, get out the bicycle or just go for a nice long walk or better still, find a bench and sit and watch the people and the world go by.   Don't forget  to smile, one or two may come and join you and think what you can learn just by listening.     Make it your day to remember, one more happy memory for your future musings.     Wrap your arms around someone you love.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment