Friday, June 7, 2013

Building


Up in Prescott, Arizona, Bob and Andrea are very busy overseeing the start of their new home.  I've been reading e-mails about this new start but this is the first I what I hope is many pictures of the on going project.    Now when Andrea tells me of windows facing the street, I will know what she is talking about.  They are having the time of their lives watching and checking things out and making a thousand decisions on colors, textures, furnishings and all that goes into making a project a home.   Good luck guys.  I can hardly wait to see the finished project.    A new home, doesn't that sound good?   Yeah!!!

The Oregon magazine on line was in showing The Painted Hills.  The article made mention that it looks like another planet.  The location is eastern Oregon so I doubt I'll get over that far, but it sure looks like a great spot to visit.

This was another idea of vacationing spots and it looks like a wondrous place to go bike riding.  I used to ride a bike, a very long time ago.  I often wonder if I could still balance one but I don't think I'll try.   A walk along one of the paths would be lovely.   Oregon country, really very beautiful.

I am going off to baby sit Emma today until daughter Christine arrives.  Pat and Jock are leaving early this morning and it didn't seem fair to leave Emma alone all day.   She is such a social dog and really doesn't like to be all by herself for long periods of time.    She just loves to be loved and she doesn't stop a second once you are in her company.   'Pet me, pet me' is a greeting you get as she enters your doorway.    She does mind well, honest, but she is also one very spoiled and well loved dog.   She and I get along and once she knows I have my nose in my new novel and will not throw that ball one more time, she will settle in and lay beside me on the big couch.   You know she will give me an occasion 'kick' with her legs as she stretches out;  her way of getting my attention.   If I scratch her belly she is content and I get in another chapter or two before she starts for the door and tells me it is time to play one more time.

If you have an animal to love, today is a good day to let it know that you care.    Our animals give so much and demand so little.    There is a saying about 'you have never lived until you have been ignored by a cat' . . . isn't that a truth!   Take a few seconds out to play with your pet today and if you do not have one, the shelters are waiting to offer you the best of the litters.     Looks like the sun is coming up and our marine layer is going and that is good, so I am off to love you and leave you and give Emma a little of my attention.  Hug your pet today and save one for a family member and a friend today.   I can always use one.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment