Sunday, June 2, 2013

Folks from Croatia




Donaleo with his host and family.



As you can see from the above pictures, Erin has been very busy being a very good photographer.   She said she would love to travel and take pictures and that is just what she has been doing.    We are all looking forward to her homecoming and a chance to add words to her pictures.    She said they had been to a Farmer's Market in the city district of Zagreb, Croatia and that she loved it there.    I'm laughing as I think she has said that about every place they have been.     My friend Mary was from Croatia and she used to tell us stories about her childhood.     I have written to her daughter Arlene to check into the blog to see  the pictures.  I know she has visited Croatia several times.   I wonder if she has been to any of these places.  

Here our weather is beautiful, just right for some yard work.    I've spent an hour each day on the back ditch weeds and have done a good job so far.    I'll spray and hope I've gotten the roots out but from the looks of some of the roots I did pull, I'd say some were deeper and left behind.    It has been good exercise and I have the muscles to prove it.     I am trying to groom a small patch of clover as it would make good ground cover, I think, not sure, but it is worth a try.
A quiet Sunday morning, not a person or a dog going by.    Right now there is no sound, peaceful and quiet as the neighbors sleep in.    I am going to have my coffee and wake up and then off to the grocery store.   What did you think of the organic berries from Costco being touted as a hepatitis threat?  One more product to worry about.     I usually buy fresh although I have thought frozen was safe, now I'm not sure.  Maybe the old Kings were right and we could all use a food tester, any volunteers?     I am really not out to ruin your day, honest, just want to make you aware and hope you will be careful in choosing what is best for you and a bit of vinegar rinse can't hurt.    I'm thinking fresh strawberry short cake today...yum. . . if you are in my neighborhood, drop by, I'll share.   Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment