Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ideas

You may have seen this cartoon before;   it is one of those do as I say not as I do.  Although my doctor is fit and thin and practices what he preaches.    He is for moderation, the key to success if we would only practice it on a daily basis.

Marge sent some new ideas and this one seems to have merit.  Green grapes for white wine and I bet red grapes would look good in the red wines.   Wonder what the grapes would taste like.   Shall we try?

I don't think I would want to waste my chips for kindling;   I would much rather eat them.

Now this is a good idea, neat too.

It is Thursday, the 27th of June;  the month almost gone.   I don't know about you but my June went by fast as I got in a little road travel and enjoyed a little time away from home.     It feels good to be back and settled in .  The grocery shopping done and it took me a good hour to clean and chop up my fresh vegetables and fruits which makes it much easier to fix meals.   I think the foods keep better and longer too.  I had a vegetable dinner last evening;  a baked sweet potato with a little honey and cinnamon, a few stalks of asparagus; some cauliflower buds and broccoli which was delicious and hopefully non fattening as I added a few pounds with all my fancy eating out as we wined and dined up the coastal highways.  I am trying to ignore those brownies I bought before I left on the trip.   I don't know what I was thinking, but you can be sure it wasn't my girlish figure.    I have an empty dish to return to my neighbor who brought over some custard pie before I left;   so I'll return the dish with some brownies...voila, an easy way to get rid of temptation.   I wonder why sugar is such a temptation when we know it packs on the pounds and the experts tell us it is poison to our system.     Sugar is blamed for a lot of weight gain, but it is in the over eating that creates the problem and the way our bodies react to it.    I once had a doctor tell me some sixty years ago that you don't cut out but you cut down on sugar, starch and fats as our body needs a bit of everything nutritious to stay healthy so how come I didn't follow his advice?  I thought I did, he just didn't mention portions!

So today think about spending some of your precious seconds fixing your fruits and vegetables in their special containers and be ready to fix a healthy meal.  In the long run it takes the work out of preparation.   Don't forget to fill you muffin tin with all the tasty tidbits to go on your hot dogs and hamburgers as you celebrate the Fourth of July which is coming up very soon.     Practice being a good scout and be prepared.   Invite family members and friends to join you as they come with a favorite dish and practice relaxation , meditation and peaceful thoughts as June leaves and July begins.   Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment