Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Favorites

Daughter Patricia gave me the lovely golden art deco bowl like vase, huge and beautiful and what to do with it, and where to put it ???   Fill it with some turkey feathers and a big black bear . . . a work of art!

I have had these little clay men for years.   You can almost hear the conversation.   They are so tiny and so well done, a special artist with nimble fingers created a piece of art to enjoy forever.

My eagle fetish, with a a tiny blue eye that sees all.     A charm made of marble but in warm tones of cream and gold.   

The tall red vase I picked up at a yard sale in Minden when I was on vacation in Nevada.  I had to go to at least one yard sale and I found this tall lovely vase owned by a lady from Indonesia.    She was down sizing,  moving and had a few special treasures to unload.    I couldn't leave it behind.  The cobalt blues are only two of my special vases.   The round one is a gift from daughter Christine and was made by an artisan at the gallery up in Port Orchard, Washington. 
We all can use a few trinkets in our life to make us realize the love that surrounds us as the trinkets are gifts given by those who love us and know what tiny treasures we enjoy.  The feel, the look, the touch of a small trinket can put a smile on our face.   Sometimes it brings memories of a special day, or date, or a mind's view of a very special person in our lives.     So treasure your trinkets and make your special persons are aware of how much you appreciate their thoughts, words and deeds.    If you are out shopping around, keep an eye open for a special trinket for a special person in your life,  then stop by and present them with a small token of your love .  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment