Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Patterns


Our world from outer space.     I'd say we look like one of those collectible marbles.   I'd say we look pretty good for our age but oh so fragile.  The news of the meteor striking the earth in Russia this week was a wake up call.   One never knows what is in store for the day, so with that in mind, do a little something good for our earth today as you pick up your own trash and you recycle.

A sea of purple in Utah.    Even a desert can bloom.

This picture is beautiful and surprising as it is fractal patterns made out of dried desert rivers and reminds me of huge trees with feathery leaves.   It really is beautiful.    The pictures were a few of the winners of 2012 'best pictures'.  


I think I'll have to carry a stick of spaghetti with me when I go to light my candles.  Last time there was no 'sticks' so had to borrow from Peter to pay Paul...yeah, took a light from one of the alter candles that was shining bright.    It worked.   So you are all covered until I go up and light a few more to keep the blessings floating into our world.

Well here is or latest puzzle.  Pat and I worked hard on this one as it was absolutely nothing like the picture on the box.  We were flying blind on this one and it was such fun to do.  We found so many surprises.  Great fun.    Now we are on to another  mystery puzzle even though we never did solve the first one.   
 Wednesday, Hump Day, almost through February already, a week to go . . . the weather has been surprising as it is like spring one day and winter the next.  We were promised snow yesterday but only got a few raindrops and then not many.    The mountains did get some but then that is the lay of the land as we are on the coast and weather is different here.    Daughter Christine made it home just fine and left a big lonely hole behind.  She introduced me to scrabble on the computer but my computer is almost as old as me and it wont let the program stay on.  Sad, as I love to play scrabble.   I should buy a new computer but then I'm afraid it would be out of tune before it was set up.    Nothing seems permanent anymore.   Constant updating is very expensive.   I don't know how everyone keeps up with this modern buying age . . .as an octogenarian I remember when you bought something like a stove or refrigerator and it was still in top condition twenty years later.   You can't say that about the merchandise of today.   We have become a throw-a-way world and I have a dozen yard sale items to prove it 

I had a phone call from Joyce in Ecuador and she has promised to send pictures so we can catchup with her new move.  She has moved from a city to a small village and has over a  hundred fruit trees surrounding her little rental.   He husband Ken has been moved to a new apartment sized building for those with Alzheimer's and Joyce says the care is really great.    She has learned a lot of Spanish and is getting along fine, and has her two dogs to keep her company.    She sounds happy and that is the best news of all.

I hope you are happy today and find ways to contact those you love.    A call, a note, a text message on your new gadget and you will make someone happy today . . . now that is a goal for each of us . . . let us see how many we can make smile today . . . thinking of YOU makes me smile.   I'm off to a good start so join me.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment