Saturday, February 9, 2013

AND


There was an attachment that came in yesterday showing a chart of the most expensive cities in the world . . . Tokyo, Japan won 14 years in a row.    Bread $9.06; Milk $2.93 a liter; table wine $15.95 and a three course dinner  for four  cost $1,266.30.  

Osaka came in next with bread at $7.94; Gas $1.96; table wine $17.55; and a three course dinner for four $915.32 .  I didn't go down the entire list but when I shopped at Freddys for a few necessary evils, I found the prices up at least a dollar or two, so I left a lot right there for someone else to buy.   All of this makes me wonder what the Japanese do for a living;  what kind of salaries do they make?  
  We here in America do not shirk when it comes to high prices, we are gaining ground every day...dinner out in a good restaurant for four is at least one hundred and fifty dollars without the tip, depends on whether you have a glass of wine with your dinner.   Cigarettes prices here are hovering around thirty dollars . . . time to give them up, in fact way past time.   They were thirty five cents a pack when I had that bad habit so it was much to expensive for me to continue.  What to give up next?  Well Lent starts the thirteenth of the month so I will start with sugar, maybe cut back on breads and meat is a luxury I cannot afford.  I am sick and tired of fresh vegetables rotting in the kitchen bowl before I get a chance to use them.    I haven't had a decent banana in years as the inside has already started to rot.    Don't you wonder what is going on in the food chain?    Oh for a garden . . . oh for a man around the house. . . oh for a change for the better. . . oh  for a good memory so I can remember the depression food that got us through and kept us healthy and happy.     But most of all . . . oh for a miracle.

Meanwhile Valentine Day is getting closer and the stores are filled with hearts and flowers and candy of every kind  along with prices for every pocketbook . . . will you choose a fancy box of chocolates or a big Hershey candy bar?   A red rose or a dandy lion;  whatever you choose be sure you find a valentine to go with it and open up those arms and give out walk in hugs and kisses.     I'd even stand in line for some of those.....how about you?    Saturday...what a lovely sounding name for a day . . .blizzards back east . . . cold and clear here so far today and the start of your weekend to do whatever it is you choose to do . . . find something fun to do so the corners of your mouth turn up and the sparkle comes right through your eyes.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment