Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ideas

The attachment to an e mail yesterday was very interesting as it gave some hints on a few ideas I had not thought of.  So often we reheat left overs and they do not seem to get as hot as when the dish was originally made so it has less flavor, but now I know a secret and will try it and hope that my left overs will be hot and tasty all over again.  We had shrimp with white sauce and angel hair pasta for dinner last night to celebrate the arrival of daughter Christine so lunch today will be the first time to try out this idea.   Hope it works.

Once upon a time I used to drink ice coffee on a hot summer day, but that was a long time ago.   I'll have to try it out in the summer time.  Right now hot coffee is first on the list, then a green tea or a Lipton which puts a little sparkle in the taste buds.   Speaking of tea, daughter Pat and I found an estate sale and there on a beautiful side table were four collector tea pots.   I put in an offer and came home with them for daughter Christine and her upcoming teas at the Gallery.   They really are lovely, almost to fragile to use, and too beautiful to give away but I don't collect tea pots;  hard to believe as I have ten on the dining room credenza.  Well, she does have eight or ten tables set up for their tea parties and this is the second sale I attended this month with lots of tea pots.   One lady had twenty-eight in her collection and had put out four, but I left those behind as her prices were much to high.  The whole idea  of picking up a few tea pots started when I saw those cute tea pots and cups that are all in one,  but they proved to be very expensive so just  then small tea pots came to mind.   As soon as you say you collect something then you know you are going to get a few more than you bargained for, such is life and I wouldn't have it any other way . . .now what shall I get into next?   Um . . . I'll let you know when I find it.

It's Sunday and the huge storm back east has left some folks adrift in snow up to their eyeballs.  One fellow had been digging his car out of a snow drift for over an hour and still hadn't gotten it clear.    Many stories coming out of this huge storm and some very sad.    Son John had a bit of rain and sunshine in Delaware so is fine as the storm passed them by.

Now this could come in handy when you sprain an arm or leg, or need a bit of cold on your backside.     Good to know.


This one made me smile.   I never thought to put two slices of bread in the same slot;  makes sense as you get a crusty outside and a nice soft inside to house the BLT you want for lunch today;  sounds good to me. I'd try it if I had a toaster but I use a toaster oven and it wont work.

So today, a day to rest, do that . . . take some down time and catch up with yourself.   Try out a new idea or two, or even come up with one to share.    If you go to church today, be sure a light a candle for all those who are suffering either from poor health or from terrific storms.   There was a write up in the local newspaper about a possible big earthquake overdue here on this coast and it went on and on about how much devastation is predicted for the coast line, sounds like it will disappear and the talk was all about inland and the damage that would occur.   The words were about having not a few days supplies but weeks of supplies before anyone could get into the areas to help.   My thoughts are if the coast line is to disappear they don't have to worry about getting here as there would be no 'here' to get to so I guess there is no sense in setting up a survival kit if the supposed quake is to create a tsunami that will wash the coast away.   When Mother Nature is on the rampage there just isn't any 'safe' place to hide.   So it is best to live our lives one second at a time and not stew and worry about things we cannot change, or cross bridges before we get to them;  today. . is today....live a little.    Hugs to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment