Monday, February 4, 2013

More . . .


A lonely ship in a fog and mist in Phillip Bay, Victoria, picture by Meredith Banhidi.    A beautiful quiet picture for a calendar . . . I'm humming 'all by myself I get lonely......' 

John Allen's picture of hail that blankets a paddocks in Marning, Victoria.   A really lovely winter scene that brings out the goose bumps as you wander about on a winter's morning.

A wilderness sanctuary in Southern Australia . . . rainbow. . . and I didn't write down the photographer.     He or she caught the moment and went on to win a spot in the calendar contest.

A picture speaks a thousand words or more and it can change your mood from low to high in a matter of seconds.   I hope the calendar on your desk is filled with beautiful pictures, if not, then one of your favorite animals or a Maxine one with words to cheer you.     I hope you took time out and enjoyed your weekend.   I was invited to have dinner with my neighbors, Jim and LaVerne and thoroughly enjoyed a delicious roasted chicken with all the trimmings.   Jim is ninety-two and has stories to tell.   He was and still is a 'cowboy', a rancher, a man who loves the outdoors and has a memory that brings history to mind.     I brought him a western novel and he was delighted  That is all he reads and it is hard to find one he has not already read.    La Verne takes such good care of her husband, and like the old married couple they are, each vies for attention and each has tales they want to tell.    She is American Indian and her background and tales have enough adventures to write stories about.     They make the word neighbor have meaning and I left filled with great food  for both the body and mind.    
So today, check in on your neighbors and find out what kind of tales they have to tell.     It is a very enjoyable way to spend some of your seconds, and I am sure you can come up with a few tales of your own.     Be a good neighbor;  be open, be honest, be friendly and extend an invitation and learn how the other half lived.  It can be a delightful trip down memory lane and drudge up some beautiful pictures to keep your mind and heart alive and well.     Listen up and you will hear me humming "People . . . ordinary people . . . we are the luckiest people in the world . . ."  aah, Barbara Strisend comes to mind . . . "people"  what would we do without them?   I hope we never have to find out so that there is some special ones to call up and spend some precious time with.   I can feel a hug coming in the door.  Go...open the door and you may find one waiting just for you.     Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment